Neon Lights

Neon Lights

Friday, March 21, 2014

New Beginnings

Knowing what I want to do. Never letting go of it. No matter where am I now, no matter where I am going to be, no matter where I will be and no matter where I will end up. Writing and language is something I fell in love with and will fight for it. I might have to put it on hold for a while. But during that time I will still write, inspire myself and people and touch the world with the mysteries and beauty of language. 'Absence makes the heart grows fonder'. This quote usually refers to lovers that are separated for a certain period of time and meets again. Their love will grow stronger because of it. But for my case is between me and my dream to become a writer - that writes anything from songs, poems, articles, quotes and sayings to scripts, storybooks, love stories, fiction and non-fiction. My parents are very traditional and I forgot to tell that they are Asians. Well that makes me an Asian too but that is not my point. My point is, I grew up in the mindset or environment of where education and a job with a profession is very vital and crucial in life. So the top three jobs that my parent hope that I will be is doctor or lawyer or engineer. Period. For them to know that I love writing, travelling and doing charity is gonna make them get a heart attack. Their dream of having a child with a career is gone. When I ask why they insist on the three jobs. They say I will be guaranteed a job in the future and a quite high salary. They never thought of the stress, challenges and pressure that you have to go through for it. I know that everyone or everything you do has its own challenges, stress and pressure but the passion, strength, desire, will and love for what you do will get you through it. Now I still don't know what I will do or what I have to do but one thing for sure right now is till the day I die writing is something I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment